By on July 2, 2019

A Canadian man was arrested in Vancouver’s West End over the weekend after trying to usurp someone else’s Corvette. The owner had reportedly left the vehicle’s top off in a public lot and a passerby, assuming the car was a free agent, climbed inside. By the time the Vette’s owner returned, the man had settled in and was refusing to leave.

This wasn’t officially a theft, mind you, just a case of some weirdo declining to get out of a Corvette on the grounds that simply occupying the driver’s seat magically made it his. As you have correctly assumed, the situation escalated once authorities arrived.  (Find Out…)

Recent Comments

  • dukeisduke: I haven’t seen one of these in a million years. A cousin of mine owned a Sunbeam Tiger, which...
  • Arthur Dailey: A timely find as the previous Rare Ride was based on a Simca/Talbot design. Yes the Omni/Horizon was...
  • Lie2me: Nice find, Corey, it’s hard to believe that at one time the Europeans and Asians copied the Americans....
  • THX1136: “Democracy is 51% of the people dictating the terms of life to the other 49%.” I think you have...
  • THX1136: I know why it will never happen, but why don’t the automakers just ignore CA and build what they want...

New Car Research


  • Contributors

  • Timothy Cain, Canada
  • Matthew Guy, Canada
  • Ronnie Schreiber, United States
  • Bozi Tatarevic, United States
  • Chris Tonn, United States
  • Corey Lewis, United States
  • Mark Baruth, United States
  • Moderators

  • Adam Tonge, United States
  • Corey Lewis, United States
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy